Monday 4 October 2010

Studying the light.



Drawing and painting makes you think a lot about the light.
You look around and try to understand how it works and how you can make it work when you are painting it, trying to reproduce it but make it different too.
Sometimes I find myself daydreaming about my mountains and I always go back with the memory to a special part of the day when the light is a soft tone of indigo .
When I think about my parents home, I imagine it in the late hours of the afternoon at the end of summer, all is warm and quiet and you can almost feel it on your skin, not see the light but feel it with your body.That I would like to be able to paint.

2 comments:

Isla said...

Nella tua stanzina arrivava un sacco, quella luce lì! Ma le foto sono tue?

chiara said...

Sí Liz, le foto che posto sono mie.
La stanzina di Bcn é un loculo, scuro e triste... :(
Presto pubblicheró qualche foto del nuovo nido!